Use of Information
I authorize the Canadian Soccer Association, Ontario Soccer, Hamilton & District Soccer Association, and Brantford City Soccer Club to collect and use personal information about me or my child/ward for the purpose of receiving communications from the Ontario Soccer Association, District, League and Club. I understand that I may withdraw such consent related to receiving communications at any time by contacting the Ontario Soccer Privacy Officer at Privacy@ontariosoccer.ca or by mail to: Attention: Privacy Officer, Ontario Soccer, 7601 Martin Grove Road, Vaughan ON L4L 9E4. The Privacy Officer will advise the implications of such withdrawal.
*We do not sell or distribute your personal information to any other third party not listed herein.*
Terms and Conditions
In consideration of the acceptance of mine or my child/ward’s membership in the Ontario Soccer, Hamilton and District Soccer Association and Brantford City Soccer Club, I, the participant agree as follows:
- I understand that I cannot play in any sanctioned soccer game until after this registration form has been validated and the registration data has been entered in Ontario Soccer’s computerized registration system.
- I have read and understand the waiver attached and my signature affixed hereto indicates my agreement with such waiver.
- I am aware of Ontario Soccer, Hamilton & District Soccer Association and Brantford City Soccer Club bylaws, policies, rules and regulations and agree to abide by them and to be bound by them.
- I accept sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment and accept all liability for any damage to the playing equipment caused by my careless, negligent and/or improper handling.
- I grant permission to the Organization to photograph and/or record my image and/or voice on still or motion picture film and/or audio tape and to use this material to promote the sport of soccer and the Organizations through the media of newsletters, websites, television, film, radio, print, and/or other form. I understand I waive any claim to remuneration for use of audio/visual materials used for these purposes. By signing and dating below you agree that you are the player being registered and to be bound by this legal agreement even if you have not read this agreement.
ALL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES HAS ITS RISKS I participate in the game of soccer because it is physically and mentally challenging. In consideration of my participation in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to this activity. The risks and hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Injuries from executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques of soccer;
- Injuries from dryland training including weights, running and massage;
- Injuries from grass, turf, and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
- Injuries from collisions with walls, and soccer equipment;
- Injuries resulting from failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
- Injuries from extreme weather and conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
- Injuries from contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
- Injuries resulting from vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
- Injuries from exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organizations activities.
Furthermore, I am aware:
- That injuries sustained in soccer can be severe;
- That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities;
- That I may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact;
- That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules established for participation;
- That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
I AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF
I am participating voluntarily in these activities, events and programs. I agree that there are risks in soccer as described above. By participating voluntarily in these events, activities and programs, I am exposed to these risks and hazards. I agree to accept them and be responsible for any injury or other loss which I might receive while participating in these events, activities and programs.
If something happens to me, I release the organizers of responsibility for any claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of my participation. In this agreement I understand “organizers” to mean: Ontario Soccer, Hamilton and District Soccer Association, Brantford City Soccer Club and their directors, officers, members, employees, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of facilities and representative.
Executing this agreement may not preclude you from insurance coverage.
I ACKNOWLEDGE MAKING THIS AGREEMENT
I have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement, and by signing it voluntarily, I am agreeing to abide by these terms.
- This is a binding legal Clarify any questions or concerns before signing. As a Participant in activities, programs, classes, services provided and events sponsored or organized by Ontario Soccer and its affiliated districts, leagues, clubs and teams (collectively the “Organization”) and the sport of soccer, including but not limited to: games, tournaments, practices, training, personal training, dry land training, use of strength training and fitness conditioning equipment, machines and facilities, nutritional and dietary programs, orientational or instructional sessions or lessons, aerobic and anaerobic conditioning programs (collectively the “Activities”), the undersigned being the Participant and Participant’s Parent/Guardian (collectively the “Parties”) acknowledges and agrees to the following terms outlined in this agreement:
- I am the Parent/Guardian of the Participant and have full legal responsibility for the decisions of the Participant.
Description of Risks
- The Parties understand and acknowledge that:
- The Activities have foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life;
- The Organization may offer or promote online programming (such as webinars, remote conferences, workshops, and online training) which have different foreseeable and unforeseeable risks than in-person programming;
- The Organization has a difficult task to ensure safety and it is not infallible. The Organization may be unaware of the Participant’s fitness or abilities, may give incomplete warnings or instructions, may misjudge weather or environmental conditions, and the equipment being used might malfunction; and
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Organization cannot guarantee that the Participant will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Activities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- The Participant is participating voluntarily in the Activities. In consideration of that participation, the Parties hereby acknowledge that they are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards and may be exposed to such risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Contracting COVID-19 or any other contagious disease;
- Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques;
- Vigorous physical exertion, strenuous cardiovascular workouts and rapid movements;
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups;
- The failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Spinal cord injuries which may render the Participant permanently paralyzed;
- Serious injury to virtually all bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons and other aspects of the Participant’s body or to the Participant’s general health and well-being;
- Abrasions, sprains, strains, fractures, or dislocations;
- Concussion or other head injuries, including but not limited to, closed head injury or blunt head trauma;
- Physical contact with other participants, spectators, equipment, and hazards;
- Not wearing appropriate safety or protective equipment, such a helmet;
- Failure to act safely or within the Participant’s ability or within designated areas;
- Grass, turf, and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
- Collisions with fences, poles, stands, and soccer equipment;
- Negligence of other persons, including other spectators, participants, or employees;
- Weather conditions; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the Activities
We have read and agree to be bound by paragraphs 1 – 26
In consideration of the Organization allowing the Participant to participate in the Activities, the Parties agree:
- That the Participant’s mental and physical condition is appropriate to participate in the Activities;
- That when the Participant practices or train in his or her own space, the Parties are responsible for the Participant’s surroundings and the location and equipment that is selected for the Participant;
- To comply with the rules and regulations for participation in the Activities;
- To comply with the rules of the facility or equipment;
- That if the Participant observes an unusual significant hazard or risk, the Participant will remove themselves from participation and bring such to the attention of an Organization representative immediately;
- The risks associated with the Activities are increased when the Participant is impaired and the Participant agrees not to participate if impaired in any way;
- That it is their sole responsibility to assess whether any Activities are too difficult for the Participant. By the Participant commencing an Activity, they acknowledge and accept the suitability and conditions of the Activity;
- That they are responsible for the choice of the Participant’s protective equipment and the secure fitting of the protective equipment;
- That COVID-19 is contagious in nature and the Participant may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 and such exposure may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability or death and voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks.
- In consideration of the Organization allowing the Participant to participate, the Parties agree:
- That the Parties are not relying on any oral or written statements made by the Organization or their agents, whether in brochure or advertisement or in individual conversations, to agree to be involved in the Activities; and
- That the Organization is not responsible or liable for any damage to the Participant’s vehicle, property, or equipment that may occur as a result of the Activities.
We have read and agree to be bound by paragraphs 1-12
- The Parties agree that in the event that they file a lawsuit against the Organization, they agree to do so solely in the province of Ontario, Canada and they further agree that the substantive law of Ontario will apply without regard to conflict of law rules.
- The Parties expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law and that if any of its provisions are held to be invalid, the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
- The Parties acknowledge that they have read this agreement and understand it, that they have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this Agreement is to be binding upon themselves, their heirs, their spouses, parents, guardians, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal or personal representatives.