Use of Information
I authorize the Canadian Soccer Association, Ontario Soccer, Hamilton & District Soccer Association, and Brantford City Soccer Club to collect and use personal information about me or my child/ward for the purpose of receiving communications from the Ontario Soccer Association, District, League and Club. I understand that I may withdraw such consent related to receiving communications at any time by contacting the Ontario Soccer Privacy Officer at Privacy@ontariosoccer.ca or by mail to: Attention: Privacy Officer, Ontario Soccer, 7601 Martin Grove Road, Vaughan ON L4L 9E4. The Privacy Officer will advise the implications of such withdrawal.
*We do not sell or distribute your personal information to any other third party not listed herein.*
Terms and Conditions
In consideration of the acceptance of mine or my child/ward’s membership in the Ontario Soccer, Hamilton and District Soccer Association and Brantford City Soccer Club, I, the participant agree as follows:
- I understand that I cannot play in any sanctioned soccer game until after this registration form has been validated and the registration data has been entered in Ontario Soccer’s computerized registration system.
- I have read and understand the waiver attached and my signature affixed hereto indicates my agreement with such waiver.
- I am aware of Ontario Soccer, Hamilton & District Soccer Association and Brantford City Soccer Club bylaws, policies, rules and regulations and agree to abide by them and to be bound by them.
- I accept sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment and accept all liability for any damage to the playing equipment caused by my careless, negligent and/or improper handling.
- I grant permission to the Organization to photograph and/or record my image and/or voice on still or motion picture film and/or audio tape and to use this material to promote the sport of soccer and the Organizations through the media of newsletters, websites, television, film, radio, print, and/or other form. I understand I waive any claim to remuneration for use of audio/visual materials used for these purposes. By signing and dating below you agree that you are the player being registered and to be bound by this legal agreement even if you have not read this agreement.
ALL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES HAS ITS RISKS I participate in the game of soccer because it is physically and mentally challenging. In consideration of my participation in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to this activity. The risks and hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Injuries from executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques of soccer;
- Injuries from dryland training including weights, running and massage;
- Injuries from grass, turf, and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
- Injuries from collisions with walls, and soccer equipment;
- Injuries resulting from failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
- Injuries from extreme weather and conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
- Injuries from contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
- Injuries resulting from vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
- Injuries from exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organizations activities.
Furthermore, I am aware:
- That injuries sustained in soccer can be severe;
- That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities;
- That I may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact;
- That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules established for participation;
- That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
I AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MYSELF
I am participating voluntarily in these activities, events and programs. I agree that there are risks in soccer as described above. By participating voluntarily in these events, activities and programs, I am exposed to these risks and hazards. I agree to accept them and be responsible for any injury or other loss which I might receive while participating in these events, activities and programs.
If something happens to me, I release the organizers of responsibility for any claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of my participation. In this agreement I understand “organizers” to mean: Ontario Soccer, Hamilton and District Soccer Association, Brantford City Soccer Club and their directors, officers, members, employees, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of facilities and representative.
Executing this agreement may not preclude you from insurance coverage.
I ACKNOWLEDGE MAKING THIS AGREEMENT
I have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement, and by signing it voluntarily, I am agreeing to abide by these terms.